Saturday, October 15, 2005

 

Update

Hey all,

Here's an AP background story on Miers.

Here is a story on plans to turn Paradise Lost into a major Hollywood Motion Picture (supposedly staying true to Milton's vision).

Also, I haven't been able to find out who said it yet, but while listening to coverage of the anniversary of the million man march on C-Span radio yesterday, one speaker got up and said that blacks would never be free until ALL white's are "exterminated." Yes, that was the word he used. C-Span radio only mentions who is speaking sporadically and I missed the beginning of his speach, but if anyone else heard it and can give me a name I'd appreciate it. It had to be someone prominant to have gotten a speaker role which is part of why I'm disturbed that I haven't found any articles on the statement. I will say that the statement was met with only moderate applause, which I'm not really sure if I should be happy about or not, and that the speaker who followed him (I didn't catch the name or I'd give him some credit) immediately distanced himself from the comments, as did Tavis Smiley who spoke some time later.

Thanks.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?