Tuesday, October 04, 2005

 

Off the Record?

Okay...so I'm driving along listening to C-Span radio and a democrat from the House is giving a speech at some group (I missed the beginning so I don't know what the group was). He proceeds to say, "I was over in Iraq and I asked one of the Generals, off the record, what he thought about..." This congressman than proceeded to tell us what the General said. Now I don't really care one way or the other about the specific text of what was said, but I have to ask how someone can sit there with a straight face and tell you they asked someone something off the record and then proceed to tell you what they said without you standing up and calling them an idiot. If you are going to break your word that something is "off the record" then don't tell people when you are being broadcast that you were told it off the record. These are the people we have in office. Ugh.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?