Monday, May 16, 2005

 

Playing Pool

I played pool a little drunk last night and it ended up being the best part of my week...I ended up getting a date with a successful woman...she told me she would call me when we are both sober and set it up. I'm feeling pretty good about it.

That being said, I screwed up by not getting her phone number, but I will see her again many times I'm sure and people who know her told me she really likes me so I think I'm safe.

In any case...I was talking to Matt who has not seen Confessions of a Dangerous Mind...Matt, Chuck Barris was the name I was thinking of. Here are some quotes to make you want to see the movie.

last lines
Chuck Barris: I came up with a new game-show idea recently. It's called The Old Game. You got three old guys with loaded guns onstage. They look back at their lives, see who they were, what they accomplished, how close they came to realizing their dreams. The winner is the one who doesn't blow his brains out. He gets a refrigerator.

Patricia: Insane asylums are filled with people who think they're Jesus or Satan. Very few have delusions of being a guy down the block who works for an insurance company.

Jim Byrd: You're 32 years old, and you've achieved nothing. Jesus Christ was dead and alive again by 33. You better get crackin'.

[first lines] Dick Clark: I wouldn't want to live his life because he hasn't been happy all of his life. All I think is if you can find work, stay healthy, find somebody to share it with, you're the ultimate success. He's had some of the pieces of the puzzle, but not all of them.

Don't ask me why, but this also lead me to pull up some Donnie Darko quotes.

On the origins of Smurfette

Donnie: First of all, Papa Smurf didn't create Smurfette. Gargamel did. She was sent in as Gargamel's evil spy with the intention of destroying the Smurf village, but the overwhelming goodness of the Smurf way of life transformed her. And as for the whole gang-bang scenario, it just couldn't happen. Smurfs are asexual. They don't even have reproductive organs under those little white pants. That's what's so illogical, you know, about being a Smurf. What's the point of living if you don't have a dick?

Donnie: I made a new friend today. Dr. Lilian Thurman: Real or imaginary? Donnie: Imaginary.
(this interaction fits me perfectly)
Gretchen: You're weird. Donnie: Sorry. Gretchen: No, that was a compliment.
(so does that one)

Donnie: Why do you wear that stupid bunny suit?
Frank: Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?


Gretchen: Donnie Darko? What the hell kind of name is that? It's like some sort of superhero or something
Donnie: What makes you think I'm not?

Gretchen: My mom had to get a restraining order against my step dad. He has emotional problems.
Donnie: Oh, I have those too. What kind does your step dad have?

Gretchen: Some people are just born with tragedy in their blood.

Okay...it for the day...rock on Michigan, and I'll let you all know when I have what I hope is my first successful date...

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?