Wednesday, April 20, 2005

 

Masturbating may protect against prostate cancer

In this New Scientist article it states "The protective effect is greatest while men are in their twenties: those who had ejaculated more than five times per week in their twenties, for instance, were one-third less likely to develop aggressive prostate cancer later in life." Some of my friends will realize immediately why this is of interest to me. Five times a week seems like an incredibly low and easy figure to reach. That's not even once a day, and a man in his twenties, such as myself, should easily be able to hit 3 times a day (granted one of those times may need to be a quickie). In an earlier post I admitted that some of the people I know found out how often I do it and thought I may "have a problem." As it turns out, I'm merely engaging in preventative medicine.

thanks to Jacqueline for the link.

Comments:
This is old news. They've know about the link between masturbation and prostate cancer for years.

However, describing your self-confessed masturbatory behavior as "preventative medicine" is a bit like calling a tapeworm a "weight-loss strategy."
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?