Tuesday, February 22, 2005

 

Hunter S Thompson

"I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs, and insanity for everyone, but they always worked for me."

--Hunter S Thompson.

I'm sure you heard that Hunter killed himself the other day. I don't agree with all of his politics (I'm more of a P.J. O'Rourke--who also wrote for Rolling Stone--kinda guy) but he was a quintessential American writer. I don't think anyone got through an American literature class without reading quite a bit of his work. Some people apparently were shocked that he shot himself, saying things like "I would have thought it more likely for him to shoot me than himself" but I think considering his poor health that it is understandable and if there is a loving god, I don't imagine how this action could keep him out of heaven.

Anyway,

Rest in Peace.

Comments:
He was a great writer, and the movie didn't do justice to his book.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?