Saturday, December 18, 2004

 

I have errands to run and work to do...so why am I sitting here?

An update...apparently the ACLU is engaged in a privacy scandal...isn't it ironic? Don't you think?

"The issue has attracted the attention of the New York attorney general, who is looking into whether the group violated its promises to protect the privacy of its donors and members.
"It is part of the A.C.L.U.'s mandate, part of its mission, to protect consumer privacy," said Wendy Kaminer, a writer and A.C.L.U. board member. "It goes against A.C.L.U. values to engage in data-mining on people without informing them. It's not illegal, but it is a violation of our values. It is hypocrisy."

This article from Mises.org "In praise of shoddy products" is pretty good.

I'm sure my more left-wing friends will shake their heads in disgust at this posting over at Cafe Hayek, but I also find it interesting that some of the most self-interested actions like excersizing are considered good, while other self-interested actions that actually cause greater societal good and require you to consider others demand functions such as trying to maximize profits at a business are considered "greedy" and bad. If anyone isn't reading Cafe Hayek regularly they are missing out in my humble opinion.

Finally, I should point all my stat obsessed readers to the Historical Statistics of the United States, Colonial Times to 1970 which is now available online. Newmark's Door has the link.





Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?