Monday, October 04, 2004

 

Rotten Kid Therom

Thanks to Matt for the link to this article which I missed. I would like to say the person who wrote the article is obviously not at all familiar with the topic of economics and religion. It has been around for quite awhile, hell they offer classes in it at some universities. The idea that it isn't a topic that many economists think about is absolutely ridiculous. My outrage apparently knows no ends. I never got to take a class with him, but one of my professors in college considered economics of religion to be his specialty and had a few books under his belt on the subject. He was always wildly entertaining, but then again what economist isn't?

Such as this article in the economist about "The economics of being nice to your parents." It made me want to go back and find Becker's work on "The Rotten Kid Therom." Here and Here are related papers.

Okay, back to work.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?