Wednesday, October 13, 2004

 

Cato Supreme Court Review

I'd like to direct everyone to this extremely important article from the new Cato Supreme Court Review. The article is "The Indivisibility of Economic Rights and Personal Liberty."

The thesis:

"The disparagment by some liberal scholars and jurists of the constitutional protection of economic rights weakens the constitutional foundations of personal liberty.

And conversly: The disparagement by some conservative jurists and scholars of unenumerated personal liberties weakens the constitutional foundation for rights of property, contract, and occupational freedom."


Speaking to specific cases, here is the index which includes this case Ashcroft vs ACLU.

I'm still working my way through the document as a whole but Cato tends to pick some pretty interesting cases in my estimation so I'm sure I will comment on some of them down the line...For now back to work.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?