Friday, September 03, 2004

 

I'm still here...

Okay, I know I said there wouldn't be much posting until Sunday, but I wasn't expecting to be home at this time. I had to get to the dry cleaners which meant I had to leave work which meant coming home and now I am having trouble getting back to work...anyway,

here is a poem that I heard on NPR that I adored by Billy Collins and I recommend everyone take a little moment and read it slowly and with emphasis. Just to peak the curiosity of those of you who don't like to click on links and just read the mindless rantings of me (you sick freaks)...here is how it begins:

You are the bread and the knife,
the crystal goblet and the wine.
You are the dew on the morning grass
and the burning wheel of the sun.
You are the white apron of the baker

and the marsh birds suddenly in flight.

However, you are not the wind in the orchard,
the plums on the counter,
or the house of cards.
And you are certainly not the pine-scented air.

There is just no way you are the pine-scented air.

(On the off chance that my sweet little goddess ever reads this, I would like to make it clear that you are definitely the pine-scented air...and all that other stuff too.)

In other news from geekpress:

Being chronically single I am hopeful due to this article about orgasms being all in the mind.

And dyslexia is not the same in every culture.

There...I have made the world a slightly worse place by stealing links that others found and posting them on my blog and thus engaging in free riding and possibly diminishing the amount of posting that they will do...of course the chances that anyone actually reads my blog anyway are kinda slim (except for Matt and Jason who continue to humor me for reasons beyond belief...and Kerry who I will continue to compliment for her brilliance and humor in part because it is the truth, in part because I want her to return here, but also in the slim hope that she will think well of me and end up telling Emily I turned into a great guy.)

Speaking of noone coming to my site...I have put a site meter off to the side so that I can now have proof that noone is looking at my blog. Everyone should expect that it will be removed by the end of the weekend when it starts sending me reports saying "ugh...why would anyone read that crap...can I just send you the same report every week for the rest of your life since the numbers aren't going to change?" The irony is, I'm not sure if I want to have no hits or a lot...I'm torn on the issue. If I start getting a bunch of hits then blogging will become a chore and I will have to start making sure my sentences make sense and are well written and it could become quite a pain. Right now I only have to type until I get bored and then stop and click publish without even proofreading...it will disturb me I am sure in later years if I look back and read my postings, but for now it is liberating.



Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?