Thursday, August 12, 2004

 

Some random links

Okay, I am really getting tired of having computer problems. I can't print using my work computer and they can't fix it. My boss also warned me against inputing too much data while I am still having database problems in case their is a problem and it all gets erased. This is not a good way for me to be productive. One can only hope that it all gets resolved soon...

I'm a little bit off because of my technical problems though, so I'm not going to do any of my useless commentary today, just a few links to stories that you might or might not find interesting.

Here is an article on the formula for the perfect scary movie. It is apparently The Shining. Jason, my intelligent and funny coworker who will eventually realize he shouldn't be talking to people like me, was quick to realize how absurd this formula is. It looks like it is ultimately just a means of generating publicity for the Halloween movies soon to come out.

I appreciated this post by Tom Bell on one of my favorite blogs Agorophilia. Professor Whitman constantly has something interesting to say as well. This post in response to a policy paper on the health care industry makes some good points.

Apparently names change your sex appeal. Article here. Courtesy of Geekpress, also MR mentioned this one.

Also from geekpress is an interesting article on our ability to be detected and to detect alien lifeforms.

As promised to Jason, an article on Australia paying people to have kids.

One of my favorites, procrastination may be genetic.

Hacker cracks Apples Streaming technology. I especially like the name of the website; "So Sue Me."

Stolen programs are supposed to phone home, but malfunctioned.

Is the U.S. the source of most of the world's spam?

Okay, that about does it. I do want to point out that yesterday I heard a cover of "Simple Man" done by Shinedown that was excellent. Simple Man is an amazing song and it helped me feel better about today's technical problems as I listened to the new version that I went out and bought. Be careful though, the album is Leave a Whisper, but there are two versions of the album, one with 3 extras songs including Simple Man.

Okay, I'm done for today...Peace Out. (Does anyone really think this is working for me?)

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?